A humorous take on why not to make jewelry today!
10. I don’t want to open a new package of clay, because I don’t have time to use the whole thing, and it’ll get all dried out.
9. It’s too expensive!
8. I should be watering the garden.
7. They expect me to go to work every day!
6. If I sit down to make some jewelry, I’ll expect myself to make something great, what if I disappoint?
5. What else? What are your reasons for procrastination? Craft-avoidance? Post a comment and I’ll add them up here
And here are the my favorites from the comments, for the top 5!
5. From Jan: What if they don’t like it? What if I don’t like it? Why do I think I’m good enough?
4. From Katie: I have to clean up my bench/work area first – it’s such a mess, how can I work in such a mess? and I really should go to the gym today since I have some time.
3. From Pam: I don’t have a big enough block of time to devote to it.
2. From Onida: I have to work on a website. I have so many design ideas that I can’t decide on one. I need to straighten the studio first.
1. From Judy: Procrastination is the thing I do best, because I don’t want to do something that is not ‘perfect’ or at least ‘just right’.